Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Passing the Test

This past Sunday I was going to try and go to First Baptist (see 1st blog) but something happened. i didn't go because I would just be too distracted. Now i know what your thinking... "what the heck are you talking about" well this guy i know goes to that church and he even asked me for a ride and everything. And he is just too cute! lol I cant really believe I'm putting this on here but he's basically gorgeous! lol :D So anyway i decided not to go because I would just be too distracted by his beautiful face! XD

ANYWAY now I'm very embarrassed by putting that... I went to Hillvue on Sunday and i LOVED it. But i did miss Living Hope a lot! The pastor was hilarious! but what he talked about was just fantastic and what i needed to hear. He was talking bout being tested and us prevailing over testing. How God gives us ridiculous requests, like Abraham sacrifices his son Issac. We read this today and think "Are you serious God, that Abraham only son and you want him to do Whhhat??" It might seem ridiculous to us but not to God. He knows what he is doing when he is testing us. And that's SO encouraging to know. The pastor said that God never gives us anything we can't handle. he also said something really cool that i wrote down "Know the tester and pass the test!" That's so true! I pass the test that God gives you, you've got know Him and be in His word!

This week has been so fantastic already and its Tuesday! I've so much joy in my life right now its great. God has blessed me a lot and i know that sometime soon I will be tested and hopefully I'll be ready. And its funny it's almost like I'm studying for the big exam coming up. lol! But really... I'm praying and in the word and talking with Him. It's like studying! oooo i just came up with that lil metaphor just now!!!! It's such a God thing! :D

Anyway i really could go on and on about this but I'll end it here. So tonight will be the first I'm i get to sing with the praise at 180! I'm nervous but kinda excited. I'm also a little bit scared. Scared because i don't want to this to be about me or the band. I don't want to be worried if it sounded good. Usually i am. I hate that. I hate it when i worry about little things like that. I shouldn't because I'll be worshiping God and helping other too. so there is nothing really to worry about because God doesn't care if you hit the right notes when your singing to Him. I'm so glad he don't care! :)

0 comments: